– Does it have strata titles or individual titles, The former will be bound under the Strata Title Act. Although new regulations state that guarded and gated development have to have strata titles, there are projects still offering individual titles.
– Confirm if the guarded and gated has obtained the necessary approvals from the authorities.
– Check the developer’s track record. The developer’s involvement in guarded and gated projects is inevitable, especially during the initial completion period, e.g. engaging the residents, setting up a resident’s committee, appointing security guards and landscaping companies, etc.
– How much are the maintenance fees. All residents need to contribute toward the management and maintenance of the common areas within the guarded and gated area. Per house contributions can be exorbitant if there are only a small number of residential units within the guarded and gated area.
– How is the road circulation within the guarded and gated area as well as ease of access to the main road and highways.
– Features such as open areas, car-parks, CCTV etc.