Like everything in life, there is a process. Whether we realize it or not, our whole life is based on a process. Before we embark on anything, let it be in deciding on where to go for a holiday, which new school/college/university to enroll in to even deciding which car to purchase, there is a process we follow.
It begins with a dream, followed by planning and research before the execution can take place.
Such is the case when it comes to making a decision on which property to purchase. It is after all the biggest investment one will ever make.
To understand this process and how property buyers and investors go about this decision process, iProperty.com Malaysia, conducted a short survey on the site. Gathering close to 800 respondents, the survey revealed that:
- While majority of property buyers and investors want to buy property in 6 – 12 months from now, 50% of them begin the search process more than a year before.
- The top three factors that they consider important in their quest to own a property is Location, Price and the Reputation of the Developer.
- 89% begin the search process directly on iProperty.com Malaysia as 92% find online property advertising more effective than print/broadcasts ads
- 99% of respondents want detailed information on property developments and 89% turn to the internet to find out about new property developments
- Slightly less than half of respondents prefer to be contacted by phone compared to any other mode of communication